Thursday 26 June 2014

Planning, Creating and Evaluating My Game Trailer(P2-P4, M2-M4, D2-D4)

Planning



https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0eZg-JfH0HQcmNPVUFjWFZMTXc&usp=sharing

Creation

Pre and post production schedule of the trailer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0eZg-JfH0HQSHZJVmZUSWRWLUU/edit?usp=sharing


Trailer




Evaluation




Action plan:

From the responses I received from my questionnaires there’s a few things I would change if I was going to improve my trailer in the future or was going to do it again.

Firstly it is clear to me that the genre of the game has not been clearly portrayed; with my trick question I can see that many people were not sure what the correct answer was. To fix this issue I could show more gameplay throughout the video, I only have around 1-2 seconds of gameplay in my trailer, and this may be an issue why the audience did not know what the genre of the game was.

Adding more gameplay would also apply to the people that did not feel there was enough in the first place. This extending the target audience would also allow people to get a clear vision of what the game is and how it looks and works.

Another aspect of the trailer that was not clearly shown was the main protagonist of the game. Many people did not realise that from my trailer and to solve this I would have a whole scene dedicated to this character potentially showing him walking to the turret gun and climbing on. Having the character wearing his army uniform and even saluting to his officers would really get the point across to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment